Acorn in partnership with the Welsh Sports Association is promoting the opportunity to become the President at Tennis Wales.
Tennis Wales is the Governing Body of tennis in Wales. Our vision is tennis opened up across Wales. We're aiming to grow the game by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming & enjoyable across the country. We've published our strategy from (Apply online only) and are collaborating with the LTA, Sport Wales, and our partners and sponsors.
Tennis Wales is looking to appoint a President to assist in promoting and representing Welsh tennis and to act as a public ambassador for Tennis Wales.
The President is expected to promote the work of the Tennis Wales and to increase awareness of its values and goals. The President is also responsible for representing the Tennis Wales at public events.
This is a non-salaried position. Travel and other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed for attendance at official meetings and events on behalf of Tennis Wales. The term of office is for a maximum of three years following formal election at the next Annual General Meeting held in April/May.
As an individual, the President must:
* Act as the public figurehead of Tennis Wales as the governing body of tennis in Wales and represent and promote Welsh tennis and Tennis Wales at public events, when dealing with other sports National Governing Bodies or International Federations, and attending the principal tennis events GB wide including the junior and senior Home Nations events, Tennis Wales Awards
* Promote both the work of the Tennis Wales and British tennis generally, raising awareness and encouraging participation
* Act with honesty and integrity at all times, upholding the values of Tennis Wales
* Be fully briefed on the work of the Board and sub-committees. To achieve this, the President shall be entitled to attend and actively participate in such meetings (but the President shall not be entitled to vote unless they are a member of that committee)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* A high level of integrity and probity
* Good communications skills, with the confidence to speak in front of groups of all sizes and the ability to express ideas clearly
* Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate the key issues faced by Tennis Wales, tennis in Britain and the wider sporting landscape in Wales
* The ability to attend Tennis Wales events, including Board and committee meetings if required, and functions
Tennis Wales is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 9th April 2021. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Disclosure Form.
Please download the information pack for more information including the application process.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment