Principal Scientist - Analytical Expert
Purpose of the Job:
As a recognised expert in microscopy, materials analysis and spectroscopy, the chosen candidate will be working within the analysis group and multiple cross functional teams in the company to advance our innovation, development and improvement.
This position requires scientists with a strong analytical background and experience with state-of-the-art analytical techniques who want to be challenged, have a passion for success, and a constant drive to exceed expectations in green energy technology development.
* Provide expertise for state-of-the-art microscopy, analysis and spectroscopy for materials and chemical characterisation
* Demonstrate leadership skills and be a leader on the pitch to take initiative for progressing the team’s objectives
* Stay informed on the latest advancements for analysis methodologies globally and bring them in-house
* Lead projects for analysis with universities or other institutions as needed
* Work in cross-functional teams as needed for the development of the next generation steel cell and related products
* Resolving technical challenges and problems associated with our products
* Present technical progress and timing against delivery targets to the technical management and program management office.
* Support resolution of issues (technical, scientific, analytical, IP, etc) that affect, or have the potential to affect, the development of SOC Technologies, component manufacturing processes, meeting “life” and “cost” targets for product development.
* Communicate key information and recommendations to influence technical decisions and strategy
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
* In addition to a high level of professionalism and experience of industry driven projects, working in a multidisciplinary team, the following are
* PhD or Master’s degree in materials, Chemistry, Physics or related field with greater than 7 years of experience in state-of-the-art analysis techniques in an academic or industrial background
* In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with respect to microscopes (SEM, FIB, sample prep etc), X-ray diffraction, SIMs, AFM and other analytical and spectroscopic techniques
* In-depth knowhow of latest advancements and practices for analysis of materials
* In-depth understanding of latest methodologies for sample preparation
* In-depth understanding of latest methodologies for data analysis
* Strong evidence for delivering on commitments, working-in multi-disciplinary teams.
* candidate needs to demonstrate entrepreneurial and can-do attitude to meet the goals of a fast-paced technology development environment.
* Knowledge of materials in both high temperature applications and electrochemical applications
* Expertise in 6-sigma/DoE techniques.
* Demonstrable problem-solving skills and usage of tools
Internal and External Relationships
* Reporting into the Characterisation Team leader and part of the Energy Materials RnD department.
* Leading technical projects and working in multi-disciplinary, cross function project team providing technical expertise related to analysis
* Close collaboration externally with universities and analytical laboratories/institutions and internally with the manufacturing engineering, supplier management teams, customer interface teams and cell manufacturing team
* Regular progress reporting to the technical management team and program management office
* Working with external experts to develop knowledge and capability in machines and characterisation methodologies
To hear more about this exciting opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the company and role in more detail
Atomic Force Microscopy
Scanning Electron Microscope