We are one of the largest, best known Animal Health companies in the industry and our products are known globally.
We are looking to recruit a Process Development Scientist to join us on an initial 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise for delivery of upstream or downstream process development projects based in the development laboratories and pilot plant areas and will plan, execute and evaluate laboratory studies through hands on experimentation. Demonstrate GLP during execution and documentation of experiments.
Further responsibilities include:
* Use statistical knowledge to design and analyse experimental work. Make sound technical judgements through data interpretation, knowledge and experience for project direction and delivery.
* regular communications for project progress to senior technical staff and key stakeholders globally. Deliver high quality peer reviewed technical reports. Work collaboratively with other team members.
* Responsible for ensuring and driving compliance in all safety and quality aspects for process development activities.
* Actively work to ensure appropriate analytical methods are in place and support testing as required.
* Drive continuous improvement activities through innovation and shared technical knowledge across the network.
* Develop links and collaborations with external organisations to aid process development according to project and business requirements.
* Degree or higher degree within biotechnology/biologics or related discipline. Good knowledge and understanding of protein chemistry and critical quality attributes.
* Knowledge and expertise in microbiology, fermentation and/or downstream processing. Experience in large scale mammalian cultures would be an advantage.
* Analytical skills/experience to support process optimisation work and to make critical judgements on development data.
* Ability to work collaboratively and across sites with other team members.
* Ability to use sound statistical methodology at all phases of development.
* Deep scientific curiosity. Ability to independently and proactively resolve issues for early to late phase development.
* Strong learning agility. Demonstrated ability to expand into new areas in response to business needs.
* Ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
* Ability to operate in a cGMP environment and produce technical documentation to high standards.
* Good understanding of QbD concepts. Demonstrated capability for developing statistical DOEs designs and competent evaluation using JMP software.
* Analytical process development experience. Particularly in the use of ELISAs, RT- PCR or other biological assays.
* Extensive experience of using aseptic technique.
Please press apply now to submit your application. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this position or other positions win a similar sector, please feel free to contact our Shaunna Doherty on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website