£15.50 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Officer on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours.
Responsibilities of the role:
* You will assist the Category Managers in providing partner authorities with effective, efficient and economic procurement solutions to enable them to obtain value for money from all externally purchased goods, works and services. Key duties
* Work with the Category Managers and help them to deliver procurement services to partner authorities, including managing and leading on a number of specific projects to deliver value for money and supporting on options appraisals, tendering and contractual arrangements within agreed deadlines and performance indicators.
* Undertake tender processes in accordance with Contract Procedure Rules (CPR's), Strategic Procurement Strategy European regulations for the partner authorities and that they are carried out in a legal, ethical, accountable manner in accordance with regulatory requirements.
* Assist in developing and maintaining contact with other Authorities within the Greater Manchester and North West region and other relevant bodies to enable collaborative working and sharing of best practice.
* Invite and assess tender submissions and negotiate the award of contracts for the Council(s) on the basis of best value
* Liaise and communicate with client directorates, suppliers and contractors, and other organisations, both verbally and in writing as required.
* Take an active part in the continuous review, development and improvement of systems, processes and services in support of STAR's commitment to a comprehensive and coordinated approach to procurement.
* Coordinate and supervise the completion of work delegated to Procurement Assistants and temporary workers
To be considered for this role you must have:
* Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
* A Levels equivalent
* 3 years' experience of working within a procurement department within the Public sector or similar organisation
* Experience of procurement planning
* Managing procurement contracts
* Experience of analysing spend and delivery of savings
* Experience of administering tender processes
* Familiar with e-procurement systems and tools
* Familiar with category related procurement strategies
* Experience of writing reports for key stakeholders
* Knowledge and understanding of commercial organisations and markets
* Detailed understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations e.g. OJEU processes and EU procurement directives
* Communicate effectively with people at different levels inside and outside the partner authorities
* Able to review procedures with a view to improve service delivery
* Plan and organise workload to meet service level targets.
* Assimilate new information quickly and work with a minimum of supervision in a supportive environment
* Eligible to work in the UK
Please email your CV to: [Click here to apply] or call: [Click here to apply] for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age