M44, Partington, Trafford
Based: Irlam, Manchester – with international travel
Full time, Permanent role
Brooks Life Sciences is the leading worldwide provider of robotic compound management and biological sample storage systems.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to implement and drive the Product & Portfolio Strategy.
Once you join the team, you will discover an inclusive culture where hard work is celebrated and rewarded. You will be supported to build upon your existing skill set and pursue your professional goals.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for leading the product strategy, executing the product roadmap in a matrix organization and achieving sustainable profit, revenue and market share, for a designated product line. The Product Manager will be an information gatherer and intelligence specialist who defines the strategic direction of the product portfolio.
The Product Manager will lead their product line and develop business plans, forecasts, product positioning, pricing and go-to-market strategy in the marketplace. You will be responsible for defining and sustaining differentiation amongst competing products. The Product Manager will oversee market research, monitor competitive activity, identify customer needs, define product requirements and identify and evaluate marketing opportunities with product line objectives.
This global position is strategic and will require applicants to work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, business development, R&D, service and operations to develop new products or enhance existing products and product lines. The Product Manager will be the voice of the customer within the organisation, understanding customer requirements and driving the development of existing and future products. (Insert here the main purpose of the job in two to three sentences)
* Manage the entire product line life cycle from initial concept through to End of life
* Follow Brooks Product Development and Introduction (PDI) model for developing and improving products
* Develop, implement and drive the Product & Portfolio Strategy
* Deciding on future developments and creating a roadmap as a vision for the product line
* Producing business cases for product opportunities as a basis for investment
* Develop product positioning statements for target market segments
* Define and sustain differentiation amongst competing products
* Develop pricing strategies and tactics
* Maintain a business intelligence database for the product portfolio
* Develop and maintain key metrics to measure success in all responsible areas
* Actively champion and demonstrate the Brooks Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Teamwork, Accountability, Employee Value and Integrity in all activities
This is a varied role in a fast paced, matrix organisation, where every day will be different. The role involves working cross functionally with sales, marketing, business development, R&D, service and operations. The position is office based in Manchester, UK and will require global travel to visit customers, network with Key Opinion Leaders as well as supporting our Sales teams and Channel partners
Skills and Aptitude Profile:
* Scientific or Engineering degree or relevant Life Sciences Product Management experience
* Minimum of 3 years working experience in Sales or Marketing within the Life Science industry
* Prior Product Management experience with instruments is a plus
* Good understanding of sample management applications
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Fluent written and spoken English, good knowledge of a second language is a plus
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage both, complex personal tasks and teamwork
* Experienced in time and project management
* The ability to evaluate new market opportunities
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to persuade
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Brooks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer