We have an excellent opportunity for a Production Planning Engineer to join our client’s team in Tiverton.
Our client is part of a group of companies and is a world-leading manufacturer of linear motion systems and automation components. They have been leading the development of V Guide technology since 1969 and continue to develop innovative linear products that offer new solutions to design engineers.
As Production Planning Engineer, you will plan and schedule jobs aligned to customer orders and quotations, provide delivery and lead time information and ensure plans meet the requirements of the customer and are error-free.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning systems/products onto machine centres for production
- Specifying tooling, machining time and identifying tooling to be purchased for manufacture
- Converting sales orders to correct route of manufacture
- Liaising with the Sales Team and other production departments to progress jobs, resolve queries and provide updates on lead times
To be successful in your application as Production Planning Engineer, you will need to have or be:
- A background in engineering
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience using AutoCAD or DraftSight / SolidWorks to design or annotate drawings
- Proficient IT user - Microsoft Office, Syspro / ERM systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Hours & Salary
As Production Planning Engineer, you will work 35 hours per week from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. There is a salary on offer circa £26,000, depending upon experience.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Production, planning, engineer, engineering, autoCAD, SolidWorks, DraftSight, manufacturing, warehouse
Solid Works (Cad)