* A Genomic Services, Custom Assay Development and Contract Manufacturing business for customers in life sciences, healthcare diagnostics, food safety etc. The majority of their customers are product businesses with POC platforms and assays in the IVD space – mainly infectious diseases and oncology, but not exclusively.
* More than tripled turnover in the last year due to pivoting to support covid-19 testing kits. This got the other (main) part of their business recognised and lots of business off the back of it.
* They have just bought a brand-new office in Deeside which is a lot bigger to accommodate the success and growth of the business.
* The business is looking to grow by acquisition and will see huge growth over the next few years, so the opportunities for this person are vast.
They are taking on an increasing number of projects, they need someone to sit between and manage the interaction between the customer and their R&D/development scientists. It’s a commercial role primarily, but does require an understanding of life science/diagnostics/assay development projects and deliverables.
They have never had a Project Manager or PM function before so this is the first hire like this, with the thought of this person building processes and the function from scratch.
* Someone who is commercial minded. This person will report to the Head of Sales.
* Commercial role in project management, interface between the Customer and the Technical/R&D team.
* Main point of contact for the Customer.
* Organise and participate in weekly/monthly Customer project calls.
* Participate in weekly, internal Ops planning meetings.
* Pick up projects when they have received a Customer PO – manage the scheduling/key milestones/delivery of reports in conjunction with the Technical and Ops teams.
* Be on top of deliverables, ensure we deliver to schedule.
* Be responsible for the drafting (if applicable) but certainly the final review of reports to Customers (this will require some science background and understanding), but is not a full on technical role; much of their initial reporting is really the collation and presentation of data from the lab – the technical team would provide the “recommendations” – the real challenge is getting these reports out on time.
* Be on top of the project specifications – ensure they deliver to spec AND also ensure that they DO NOT over deliver/work for free/allow project creep.
* There is a significant logistics and attention to detail requirement – delivery and timelines.
* Understand how a product transitions from “Assay Development” to “Manufacturing” within our ISO13485 accredited business.
* Understand the obligations of the Customer and the Company at each stage – what is included in the project price and what is not.
* Ensure that additional, incremental work is identified and the Customer is charged for it.
* Be au fait with terms and conditions of supply.
* Internally, they will need to liaise with the Sales and Marketing team (responsible for sales and pricing) as well as the Technical/Laboratory teams
* Externally, they will need to deal with Customer Technical and Operations teams as well as Products Managers and Supply Chain Managers/buyers
* The option to have flexible working, so few days at home, few in the office if needed