This is a really rare opportunity for a highly detail orientated project planner/analyst to work within an internationally known business with huge potential to secure an excellent career path with this business. You will be with a very hard working, successul, fun and pasionate team.
You must be an expert in Microsoft Project.
The role is responsible for the delivery of planning and scheduling support to assigned projects and programmes and the analysis of portfolio information to aid and accelerate decision making
The Project Planner / Analyst will be responsible for applying the following independently, in complex situations; they will be recognised as an expert in these areas and may be called on by others to provide advice on the following:
* Design and develop project schedule, identifying major milestones, decision points, project life cycle and other project events
* Interact with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, resources, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
* Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas, determining root causes and impacts
* Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around, both at project and portfolio level
* Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules, resources, and client relations.
* Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems.
* Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
* Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
* Maintain overview of project risk register to ensure that risks are effectively being reviewed to minimise their impact on schedule, scope, and budget of projects
* Report on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
* Update the schedule and compare the actual work performed against the baseline program
Skills & Experience
* Construction and development of project schedules from first principles in a MS Project / PWA scheduling tool
* Knowledge of and the ability to apply a variety of schedule analysis and optimisation techniques (such as Critical Path analysis, schedule variance)
* Understand how to work with key stakeholders to monitor and control the project through the various phases of the project lifecycle
* Understand schedule performance tools and techniques, such as Earned Value Management (EVM)
Earned Value Management
Systems Development Life Cycle
Project Management Life Cycle