GxP Recruitment invites applications on behalf of our biopharmaceutical client in Central Scotland where an excellent opportunity exists for a Protein Scientist to join their team for a 12 month contract.
To carry out laboratory experimentation to support the Technology Transfer, Development and Siting of new processes for GMP, and to assist in manufacture.
Key duties include:
* Plan and carry out experiments and analysis, as outlined by the project lead, to ensure effective technology transfer and development of fit for purpose processes in line with customer requirements.
* Record all laboratory work in standard official notebooks and compile results and observations
* Client communication (as required) in a professional manner.
* Follow protocols and procedures
* Carry out manufacturing support for first time manufacturing operations, troubleshoot scaled-up processes and providing first-line technical support.
* Ensure the development laboratory and other associated areas are kept in control and in a compliant manner.
* Provide on the job training to new or inexperienced personnel in both laboratory procedures and equipment use
The ideal candidate:
* Working knowledge of process development and Protein Chemistry and analysis
* Ideally Master’s degree educated in a Chemistry discipline with min. 1 year experience in industry OR BSc. plus 2 years experience min.
* HPLC experience would be beneficial
* Excellent communication skills