Location: Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent | Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive | Hours: 40 p/w
Office Based Position - Remote
Your role in our team:
We are looking for a Purchasing Supervisor to join our growing Supply Chain Team to oversee all the purchasing activities. The Purchasing Supervisor will work collaboratively with the Materials Manager to develop procedures in line with our developing QEHS management systems that ensure all areas of research have access to the materials they need. The candidate is an experienced member of the Operations team who combines supervisory skills with knowledge of purchasing operations while maintaining high levels of safety, quality and service.
There is a requirement to be diplomatic, collaborative, customer focused, change agile, comfortable in leading and adapting to changing priorities in a rapidly growing business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Purchasing goods and services to meet business requirements.
* Sending out enquiries, processing orders, following up pending orders, reporting and administration related tasks.
* Identifying, negotiating and implementing cost savings initiatives.
* Plan and execute all purchasing processes and provide an effective interface with all departments.
* Maintaining accurate purchasing related data in company business system.
* Writing SOPs and processes workflows.
* Maintaining continuous material availability.
* Communicating effectively with suppliers and management of accounts, problem solving, challenges and issues, recommend solutions.
* Negotiating the purchase of materials and equipment from suppliers and implement proactive procurement strategies and procedures.
* Responding to line stoppages, quality and obsolescence issues.
* Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, distributors and manufacturers.
* Scheduling and attend meetings with suppliers.
* Supervise the work of the Purchasing Assistant.
* Ensuring work performed to current standard and QMS.
* Ensuring 5S is followed in work area.
* Source, review and keep record of purchasing agreements, complex service contracts, MTA, etc.
* Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company.
* Supporting supplier risk mitigation activities.
Essential for the role:
* Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential; ERP system (NetSuite) experience required.
* Experience with supplier contracts management
* Previous experience in Procurement roles within a scientific / cell therapy / GMP environment.
* Experience and familiarity with laboratory consumable products, reagents and equipment.
* Attention to detail is a key attribute, as is a proactive outlook.
* Have proven supervisory experience.
* Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
* Are flexible with the ability to adapt to change