CK Group are recruiting for a QC Analyst to join The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) at their site based in Oxfordshire on a Fixed Term Contract basis for 12-15 months.
The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) has been established to provide the UK’s first strategic vaccine development and advanced manufacturing capability. VMIC will fast track development and manufacture of early stage vaccine products, as well as serve as the UK’s response capability to produce vaccines against emerging infectious diseases. They have already taken a leading role in the Government’s national response to COVID-19.
New starters can expect to join an exciting fast paced organisation, with ambitious growth plans. With a flat structure, employees will have exposure to senior leaders and be part of an organisation that has a start-up mentality but is backed by UK Government, and industry and academic founders.
Working through collaborative ventures with industry, academia and NGOs, VMIC will ultimately strengthen and innovate the UK’s vaccines sector. Their state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.
This role is located in Oxfordshire where VMICs state-of-the-art manufacturing facility will be based at the renowned Harwell campus.
QC Analyst Role:
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to become part of a new team setting up the Quality Control laboratories. Reporting to the Quality Control Microbiology Team Leader, this role will help to ensure that the new Manufacturing Centre meets the standards and expectations of regulatory authorities and collaborators.
Your main duties will be to:
• Participate in the qualification of the QC labs and analytical equipment, the qualification of the Water for Injection plant and routine monitoring and setting up a system for routine trending of environmental data (WFI quality).
• Perform testing in accordance with GMP regulations related to starting materials, raw materials, excipient, in-process and final product, stability testing using laboratory techniques in one or more of the following areas: cell culture, qPCR, ELISA, endotoxin testing, mycoplasma testing by PCR, Cell count and viability testing, microscopy etc.
• Support raw material sampling activity and ensure it is undertaken to GMP requirements as well as ensuring the traceability of all reagents, materials, equipment, standards etc is maintained for all GMP sampling and testing activity
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• A qualification at degree level or above in a scientific discipline with experience of working in an aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and QC laboratory operating according to GMP using techniques described.
• The ability to work within GMP regulations and maintain compliance, previous experience of working within a GMP environment is essential.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritise workload with attention to detail as well as excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50392.
VMIC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and without discrimination
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Product Quality Assurance
Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (Elisa)