QC Microbiologist - late shift
Monday - Friday 13.45pm - 22.00pm (Late shift with handover)
£22k-£23k basic plus handover allowance (approx. £780) and shift allowance (£3,300)
An established FMCG manufacturer, based in Hampshire, are looking to add exceptional talent to their team. Specialising in concept through to lab development, manufacture and fill, to shelf life products this organisation takes great pride in what they do. They also specialise in product requirements for the Health sector including MHRA approved products.
The purpose of this role is to carry out microbiological testing of DI water, raw materials, bulk and finished products as well as carrying out environmental testing within the business and releasing products that have passed QC testing.
The ideal candidate will have experience of GLP and GMP standards. You will have a degree or equivalent in Biology or Microbiology.
* Conduct microbiological and environmental testing in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Laboratory Methods
* Release raw materials, bulks and finished goods from quarantine after testing
* Participate in the validation of cleaning procedures and other methods as required
* Conduct physical testing of bulk and finished products
* Ensure all samples tested are controlled and retained
* Raise non-conformances for any raw materials, bulks and finished goods that do not meet specification
* Be responsible for the maintenance of databases relevant to all tests performed
* Assist in the resolution of technical and quality issues
* Degree in a science based subject, ideally Biology or Microbiology
* Good understanding of microbiological testing techniques gained through practical experience
* Good understanding of environmental testing gained through practical experience
Good Manufacturing Practices