Clinical Educator| Band 6 dependent on experience | Liverpool | Full Time
Spire Liverpool are dedicated to the development and training of all their staff to enable them to provide the best care possible and as a result they are now recruiting a Clinical Educator to develop and grow this service.
Spire Liverpool Hospital, offers a comprehensive range of medical and surgical treatments to patients from Merseyside. We pride ourselves on patient care with clinical excellence at the heart of what we do.
Our vision is to be recognised as a world class healthcare business bringing together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient.
Duties and responsibilities
Education and practice development is required for all clinical staff groups in order to support them in satisfying their attainment of their registration requirements for Continuing Professional Development, and in remaining clinically competent, up to date and knowledgeable about new practice including developments in both clinical practice and technology.
The areas of focus for this new role would include the follow areas:
- Development of a hospital wide training plan for each year
- Development of departmental clinical skill matrix’s
- Delivery of clinical training is areas of critical need
- Support with co-ordination of mandatory training throughout the hospital
- Lead for changes in clinical practice due to developments in NICE guidance
- Lead for changes in clinical practice due to developments in research
- Incorporate improvements in practice from actions from audits
- Improvements in practice required following investigations from incidents, SIRI’s and complaints
- Delivery of a generic customer care skills program
- Working on the job with clinical staff where required
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a Registered Nurse
- Be used to working in teams with minimum supervision.
- Experience of working in an acute environment.
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration.
- Previous Educator or mentorship experience
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker at [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications