Be part of something altogether life-changing
Working with our client means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Their incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
With them you will be able to continuously improve yourself - working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, this is a place where every day is a learning opportunity - so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Our client are proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, they are pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you'll do
* To provide laboratory practical support for the R&D team, most specifically to support Sera-Mag magnetic microparticle products.
* To perform processes designated with minimal hands-on supervision past the initial induction period. To work with the team to deliver quality outcomes on time and within budget.
* To work with cross functional teams defining and prioritizing objectives, critical thinking, and deliverables, developing process validation and designing transfer protocols, and ensuring adherence to schedules and project deadlines. To drive manufacturing transfer, efficiency, and reliability.
* To address regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured, or distributed to meet required standards.
Who you are
* Chemistry BSc degree level. Higher degrees may be advantageous.
* At least 2 years working in a chemistry-related industrial setting. General chemical competence in a practical setting e.g., safe handling of hazardous chemicals, fume hoods, buffer preparation, organic synthesis, formulation, etc.
* Specific experience with microparticle synthesis, subsequent chemical group or biological functionalization, and end-use isolation/assay techniques would be ideal.
* Competency on supporting techniques e.g., LC/HPLC, simple QC assays. Experience with more relevant analytical techniques may be advantageous e.g., microparticle sizing, zeta potential, surface chemistry analysis.
Please forward CVs to Leigh Sproston in the first instance
Product Quality Assurance
High Performance Liquid Chromatography