Radiotherapy Treatment Supervisor
London, SW5 0TUPermanent, Full timeA bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.About the area you'll be working in
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.What you'll be doing
To carry out complex radiotherapeutic procedures maintaining the highest professional and clinical standards and providing an able and responsive service. To take managerial responsibility for the treatment units, to supervise staff and participate in training of treatment radiographers. To deputise for Radiotherapy Lead during their absence.What's a typical day?
Who we're looking for?
- Assess and review competencies for all treatment radiographers. Provide support and training as required to ensure that staff are clinically competent to perform the tasks requested.
- Be professionally and legally accountable for own clinical practise, taking full responsibility for all aspects of treatment or treatment preparation undertaken by oneself as an IR(ME)R operator
- Be able to represent the department externally for meetings and clinical presentations.
•Take managerial responsibility for the Radiotherapy Treatment Units, supervising clinical staff, and ensuring patients are treated to a high standard of technical accuracy and adhering to Department protocols.
- Work closely with the Radiotherapy Lead to ensure all aspects of Department Quality and ISO accreditation are maintained.
- Participate in a departmental On-Call rota and to work flexible hours if required to accommodate changing workload patterns.
What's it like to work here?
- BSc Therapeutic Radiography
- HCPC Registration
- Substantial post-graduate experience in a senior level
- Tomotherapy experience
- Proven management experience
We want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.Benefits
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. If you'd like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com