Our Southampton based Hospital has a new opportunity for a Recovery Practitioner to join its multidisciplinary team. Our Hospital is a state of the art facility and provides high quality specialist treatments in 9 specialities for the people of Hampshire: Ear, nose and throat, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, ophthalmology, oral surgery, orthopaedics, pain management and urology.
You will undertake basic theatre duties as allocated by the Manager or Senior Nurse on duty to provide a high quality service to patients.
Key duties will include:
- Checking the recovery bays are set up and equipped appropriate for the day's lists
- Collecting and/or receiving patients from the theatres
- Undertaking pre-operative checks of the patients physically as well as all notes, consent, results and x-rays
- Assessing the patients appropriately and effectively for their requirements throughout the recovery period
- Ensuring an effective and accurate handover of patients from the anaesthetics staff and scrub team
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant post-basic experience in Anaesthesia and Recovery room nursing or ITU
- Experience of extubation and resuscitation of patients
- Up to date sound clinical knowledge of anaesthetics, sedatives, muscle relaxants, analgesics and emergency drugs
- Competency in IV therapies
- Competency in catheterisation
- NMC Registered Nurse Part 1