Theatre Practitioner - Recovery | Spire Edinburgh | Highly Competitive Salary plus Joining Bonus! | Full or Part Time Considered
Spire Edinburgh are offering the opportunity for experienced Theatre Practitioners with experience in Recovery to join our team, with the opportunity to work across both our Edinburgh sites.
We prefer our theatre staff to be as mutli-skilled as possible, so ideally you will be able to work across scrub, anaesthetics and/or recovery, but many of our staff specialise in just one or two areas. Most importantly our theatre staff are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures, or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision.
Duties and responsibilities:
- As Recovery Practitioner you will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs in an extremely busy department
- Prepping the recovery bays and of course, looking after patients after their surgery
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse or ODP; with previous experience within recovery
- You will be an enthusiastic, dedicated team player who is also used to working under minimum supervision
- ALS and Airway Maintenance certifications would be desirable, though not essential – Training opportunities are available
- Concern for standards
- Problem-solving and continuous improvement
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Andy on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treting patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications