An active member of the Communities leadership team, the Regional Communities Manager is responsible for the safe, customer-centred and sustainable delivery of the Communities services across Britain
The largest charity care provider for older people in the UK, we offer some of the highest quality care, accommodation and support services throughout Britain. Our mission is to inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life require a Regional Communities Manager in Derby.
Lead, develop and motivate Area Managers, including supporting their individual and professional development, providing regular performance feedback and conducting appraisals.
2. Maintain regular contact and effective relationships with all Managers through a variety of communication mechanisms and by holding group meetings.
3. Monitor key performance indicators in all services and ensure that all Communities meet their requirements and standards.
4. Work with the HR Business Partners to ensure operational managers and colleagues adhere to and embrace policies and procedures ensuring best practice in line with employment legislation whilst enabling the delivery of charitable objectives.
5. Within their operational remit, maintainas a leading provider of effective high quality, person-centred community services at all times.
6. Liaise and negotiate with relevant commissioning authorities, funders and partners.
7. Ensure any complaints are investigated and resolved speedily and efficiently.
8. Promote high standards of employee and volunteer relations, adhering to employment legislation, health and safety law and policy, best practice and personnel policy and procedures. This includes responsibility for maintaining appropriate standards of conduct and performance for staff including participation in the disciplinary procedure.
9. In addition to the recruitment of Scheme and Communities Managers, to participate in the selection of senior posts within Communities.
10. Monitor the use of staffing resources and working practices to ensure that efficient and sustainable arrangements are maintained.
11. Be responsible for implementing and monitoring Impact & Evaluation framework (akin to a Quality Assurance framework).
12. To agree with the Communities Sustainability Manager annual business and fundraising plans for approval by the Head of Communities and Director of Operations.
13. To identify opportunities for the development of new and existing services and areas for further research, maintaining a close working relationship with the national Communities Development Manager.
14. Contribute to corporate initiatives in the development of policies and procedures in service delivery ensuring that they are in accord with best practice, Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
15. To be personally familiar with and conform to health, safety and welfare policies and procedures, and code of conduct.
16. To participate in out of hours emergency support system for Schemes as appropriate by being on call as part of a rota.
17. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Head of Communities or Director of Operations.
At least 5 years' experience of managing services
for vulnerable people in a social care/health field. Essential Application Form and Interview
At least 3 years' experience of managing financial
plans/budgets and business planning Essential Application Form and Interview
At least 3 years' experience of leading, appraising,
training and coaching a staff team. Essential Application Form and Interview
Multi-site management experience - i.e.
responsible for several services and dispersed
workforce Essential Application Form and Interview
Business awareness - experience and familiarity
with working in a commercial setting. Essential Application Form and Interview
Experience of working with Volunteers Desirable Application Form and Interview
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of social care and
health issues and their interaction with the
relevant agencies (e.g. CCGs, Social Services…) Essential Application Form and Interview
Knowledge and understanding of core principles
of quality standards and good practice in
community services Essential Application Form and Interview
Ability to maintain all aspects of confidentiality and
the ability to comply with all legislative
requirements in relation to members (service
users) and colleagues (staff) Essential Application Form and Interview
Ability to create and maintain effective working
relationships with people at all levels; able to
liaise, build and promote positive working
relationships with external agencies / partners. Essential Application Form and Interview
Ability to write engaging method statements for
tenders and funding applications Essential Application Form and Interview
Computer Literate Essential Application Form and Interview
Self-management skills; ability to plan and
prioritise workload and coach others to do the
same Essential Application Form and Interview
Can communicate confidently and clearly both
orally and in writing Essential Application Form and Interview
Ability to produce reports in a clear, precise format Essential Application Form and Interview
Ability to set and manage financial plans/budgets Essential Interview
Ability to take accountability for and promote
change in an effective and positive way Essential Interview
Ability to listen in an open and reflective manner. Essential Interview
Ability to negotiate and influence effectively, Essential Interview
The Regional Communities Manager Derby dictates a salary of up to £65K
Coaching And Mentoring