We are currently looking for a regional healthcare trainer to cover our mental health and LD services. The role would require travelling to all our sites which are based in Leicester, Derby, Birmingham, Maidenhead and Norfolk. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and growing company.
Main function of the job:-
The person performing this role must be a motivated, dynamic and organised person who can manage and prioritise their own workload according to demand and also somebody with a keen eye for detail. Working out Personal Training Plans for all staff will be a key element of this role..
Main duties of the role:-
1. Conducts regular training needs analysis in order to determine the most relevant and cost effective training solutions for services, Home Managers and Senior Management Team staff that will improve individual / team knowledge, skills and in turn the Service/ business performance.
2. Provide training, such as:
• Health and Safety
• Risk Awareness
• Infection Control
• Basic Food Hygiene
• Moving and Assisting
• First Aid at Work
• Medications, Nutrition and Safeguarding
• Induction and Refresher Training
3. Works with Senior Management Team to identify the training requirements tailored to the business needs and individual PDP’s; determines the priorities and plans a 12 month rolling cycle to create a companywide training calendar.
4. Contributes to the design, development and production of training materials, documents and manuals to ensure consistency and quality of content and delivery to meet the specific needs of the training programme.
5. Assists with the induction and training for new service openings.
6. Evaluates and reviews training materials and tools utilised on the regions, updates
as appropriate to ensure maximum effectiveness.
7. Understands the needs of the business to ensure legal compliance training is organised and delivered cost effectively e.g. health and safety training.
8. Works closely with the Registered Managers to ensure thorough implementation and evaluation of the training programmes.
9. Manages and maintains training information on the database / system for training reporting and record maintenance.
10. Actively participates in two way communication, sharing and exchanging relevant and timely information with Registered Managers, Senior Management Team staff and all external providers.
11. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
12. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
13. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
14. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or manager.
• Experience of designing, developing and delivering training programmes
• Experience of conducting training needs analysis
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Calm and confident
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external partners
• Critical to the post is for you to be up to date with the latest legislation and legal requirements affecting the Company and the work we carry out. You will need a firm understanding of the Health and Social Care training agenda.
• An appropriate teaching or training qualification, Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
• Professional body memberships would be an advantage as would train the trainer course attendance.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably in the health or social care sector, along with a proven track record in facilitating and delivery of training • A full, clean driving licence is essential.
• Must be ICT literate with good presentation skills.