Athona Recruitment are currently recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD) to join the team at a Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Centre located in the Blackheath, London. We are looking for a Nurse to supervise and lead in patient care and to plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans with staff involved in care delivery.
The Centre specialises in the treatment of individuals with physical and cognitive impairments and challenging behaviours as a result of a brain injury. It provides comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy.
This position is open for Nurses to join on a Full time and Part time basis.
Shift Times are 07:30 - 19:45 and 19:30 - 07:45
Internal rotation onto nights monthly.
No experience in tracheostomy or nasogastric care required
Salary is £31,226 to £34, 049 per annum plus welcome bonus £1000
- To ensure a comprehensive assessment is completed for the patients / residents to ensure a comprehensive person centred assessment is completed for their pathway.
- Ensure that each patient has an individual care plan and risk assessment, which takes into account the patient (if appropriate) and their carers views, with regular reviews
- To administer medicine within the guidelines and framework of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Practice within the defined parameters under the Mental Health Act 1983/2007.
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision for the support workers and students
- Ensure all clinical documentation is of a high standard and patient notes are maintained and filed in the appropriate way
- Provide a highly specialised range of clinical interventions and knowledge of evidence based models of practice relevant to the patients / residents needs
- Working autonomously with confidence and competence to provide a highly specialised and safe service to the patient
- To take appropriate action when working with vulnerable adults and children following guidelines and procedures, liaising with appropriate agencies as required
- Maintain and contribute to the standards of professional care, ethics, policies and procedures
- Maintain professional standards of practice at all times
- Registered Nurse NMC registration (UK Pin)
- Right to work in the UK
- Previous experience in area of interest
- Good communication, organisational and time management skills
- A 'Welcome Bonus' of at least £1000.00
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Annual leave entitlement of 6.6 weeks of basic weekly contracted hours including bank holidays
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Why choose Athona?
* Exclusivity to jobs across all bands and specialities
* Specialist dedicated recruitment consultant
* Referral scheme
Athona Recruitment's Nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in placing nurses in permanent and temporary positions.