Redcar, Redcar and Cleveland
£45,000 - £50,000 / year
NHS Band 8A
Staff Power Group are pleased to be working with an exceptional care provider who are fast emerging as one of the North East`s successful companies with nearly 500 employees, operating renowned residential homes within the Tees Valley area for over 20 years. My client offers the very best care possible in the highest quality environment, specialising in dementia care.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager to join the team. You will be strong, motivated and committed individual who will manage a modern 76 bedded care home. CQC rated GOOD, beautiffuly located near to the beach and several green spaces. Recently refurbished provides exceptional en-suit accommodation across three floors with ample gardens for residents to enjoy.
Who we are looking for?
You are more than just your qualifications, we are looking for people who care about people, with a natural ability to treat others with dignity and respect every step of the way. You will have passion and understanding, with an endless capacity to learn, listen and truly get to know residents on a personal level.
* Manage all aspects of the day to day running of the home including: the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team, the premises of the Care Home and financial matters.
Ensure the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the residents are recognised, assessed and met where possible. This will involve ensuring there are regular planned reviews, assessments and formulation of care plans for all residents in liaison with other professional workers
Negotiate appropriate fees with purchasing authorities or residents or their families as appropriate
Provide all residents with written terms and conditions of residence and to make sure that they understand them
Make adequate arrangements for the introduction and reception of new residents
To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all drugs and medicines in line with documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records
Investigate complaints and take appropriate action
* Manage the homes budget and resources in accordance with the established systems and procedures
Essential skills and qualities
* Ability to build teams and promote occupancy within the home
* Ability to lead and motivate staff and address any underperforming staff
* Commitment to promoting and developing the highest quality personal care for the residents
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Able to communicate and listen efficiently
* Ability to work with other health care professionals
* Knowledge of local and national codes of practice relating to care for older people
* Ability to resolve problems
* Good planning and organisational skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45000-£50000 per year
Experience: Home Management (minimum 2 years)
Additional pay: Bonus scheme
Benefits: Company Pension and On-site Parking