We are looking for a Registered Learning Disabilities / Mental Health Nurse (RNLD / RMN) with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working 40 hours per week on at Cygnet Wallace Hospital, located in Dundee..
Cygnet Wallace Hospital is a 10 bed specialist high dependency complex care service providing assessment and treatment for individuals with learning disabilities, with or without autistic spectrum disorder, as well as complex needs and behaviours. The team can also support those who have additional mental or physical health needs, as well as those who have been detained under the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act.
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
• NHS and employee discount scheme
• 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
• Free meals on duty
• Free parking
• RCNi membership
• Bespoke career pathways
• Plus many more...
• Qualified or due to qualify as a mental health nurse / RMN or a Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD
• The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
• A good understanding of the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
• Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
• Post qualification experience
• The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
• An interest in leadership, research and assessment
• Experience in a high dependency complex care service
• Experinece working with Austism Spectrum Disorders
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Wallace Hospital is a detached purpose-built building, which enables people to receive bespoke, person-centred support to move through a full recovery pathway. The service is split into multiple areas supporting people with different levels of need. This creates a care pathway within Cygnet Wallace Hospital from more acute intensive support towards residential-based support, and finally transitional studio flats to prepare people for moving on. There are a number of good sized living areas, including lounges, dining areas and life skills kitchens, where individuals can develop their skills, as well as a garden to enjoy outdoor activities.
Cygnet Wallace Hospital is located in the city of Dundee, which has an extensive array of community amenities for people to access, including leisure centres, social clubs, shops, colleges, and work placement settings. Service users can also enjoy walks and visits to the nearby botanical gardens and Discovery Quay.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced PVG check.
“All successful applicants will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG) in respect of regulated work with protected adults and regulated work with children. A PVG certificate contains all unspent and certain spent conviction information. It also contains any other non-conviction information that the police or other government bodies think is relevant. Disclosure Scotland continually monitor PVG scheme members' records for vetting information including criminal convictions that may affect their suitability to work