Job Ref: OJ 2666
Hampton's are currently working with a small residential company who are in need of a Registered Manager in Oldham, for a BRAND NEW EBD HOME for children and young people.
This is a company who focus on providing quality-led services and supporting our teams to be the best and deliver the best service to their children and young people. The Directors and Management team are directly involved and supportive of the teams, maintain a regular and positive presence within the homes and are available for consultation as and when needed.
They are committed to the protection and well-being of children and young people who are placed in their care. They believe in providing high quality therapeutic childcare which will help children and young people deal with their past experiences and prepare for the future.
Brief responsibilities in the role:
- Required to fulfil the obligations set out in the National Minimum Standards for Children's Homes 2002. The home will provide medium to long-term placements for young people where the plan indicates this to be the most suitable intervention.
- Delivering high quality care to the children and young people resident within the home; they are responsible for delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home, and all of the day-to-day management.
- Shaping and delivering the Homes Statement of Purpose and managing the team to achieve the same.
- Providing high quality care services that support the needs of the children and young people, to be an advocate for their well-being and to provide strong, motivational leadership to staff.
- Delivering childcare that is focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child and young person within the home. Consequently, they are expected to demonstrate practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person; this involves being personally available, as well as the supervision and mentoring of staff, organisation of work patterns, facilitation of care focussed training, and accessing appropriate services to support the childcare practices within the home.
- Ensuring an appropriate staff presence is there to meet the needs of the children and young people in the home.
- Experience as a Registered Manager and proven track record with Ofsted
- Ability to manage staff teams and budgets
- Good at developing relationships with Local Authorities and commissioners
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
Salary: circa £38k (dependent on experience) + benefits
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV or call Oliver Jones on - [Click here to apply]
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK