Job Title: Registered Manager
Location: covering Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
New Prospects' services deliver personalised outcome-based support to enable individuals with a learning disability to live safely, happily and successfully in the community.
The registered manager is responsible for overseeing a range of services which support adults with a learning disability, physical disability and/or autism. You must be a dynamic, passionate, talented manager with proven experience of successfully managing a range of types of service to include Independent Supported Living and Outreach Support.
You will directly manage and supervise a team of four Service Managers. You will be part of the strategic leadership team and contribute to the development and improvement of services and the success of the organisation.
You will be able to demonstrate significant learning disabilities experience and a proven track record with CQC.
- Provide leadership and management in developing and implementing operational plans across the Association, that contribute to strategic objectives.
- Set direction for teams and lead them in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices, including working within multi-agency teams.
- Develop organisational structures and systems to support staff including on call arrangements.
- Manage the development and direction of service provision.
- Ensure policies and practices are developed that optimise the lives of people with learning disabilities.
- Drive for results, ensure services perform and that continuous improvements are achieved with positive outcomes for service users.
- Allocate, co-ordinate, monitor and assess the work of teams and individuals; delegating work to others as appropriate.
- Strive to facilitate others' contributions and to share leadership, nurture capability and long-term development of others.
- Analyse, synthesise and present knowledge and information about complex subjects and concepts to influence decisions.
- Manage information and knowledge, adhering to the Association's systems.
- Lead change by communicating the vision and rationale for change, engaging and facilitating others to work collaboratively.
- Make the best use of technology to facilitate communication and the exchange of information and knowledge.
- Take responsibility for your performance and the continuing development of self and others.
- Contribute to effectiveness of teams.
- Manage and be accountable for your own work.
- Take responsibility for the continuing professional development of self and others.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but to give an indication of the main areas of activity and involvement.
Education and Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care OR
- Registered Manager Award OR Qualified Social Worker OR Registered Nurse AND NVQ4 Management
Key Skills and Abilities
- 5 years experience in managing services.
- Plan and allocate work for self and others
- Contribute to effectiveness of plans from corporate to the individual level
- Manage resources effectively
- Lead and develop teams
- Ensure a person-centred approach is in operation in all areas of the Association
- Develop and lead the planning and evaluation of services
- Ability to contribute to tender documents
- Contribute to the business planning process and its implementation
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Information handling & DATA protection
- Time management.
- Continuous self-development in care practice and supervision
- Involving and motivating others
- Car driver
- Ability to take part in On Call rota
Key Skills and Abilities
- Competent in use of IT (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience of working with people who have:
- learning disabilities
- mental health issues
- physical disabilities
- Experience of working with children and young people
To apply for this role please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Care Manager, Care Management, Residential Care Manager, Registered Manager, NVQ4, Care Supervisor, Service Manager, Care Home Manager, Senior Care Manager, Senior Care Supervisor may also be considered for this role.
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Coaching And Mentoring