As an agency nurse, you will be supporting people with Mental Health problems, in a low secure multidisciplinary setting. You will help clients of all ages to live their lives as fully and independently as possible, while respecting their rights and dignity. You will work with clients, their families and support workers to assess their needs and draw up care plans whilst monitoring the implementation of recommendations. You will work with other nurses, health and social welfare professionals to help ensure clients lead as normal a life as possible.
The focus is on influencing behaviours and lifestyles to enable a vulnerable client group to achieve optimum health. You will have the knowledge, skills, attitudes and abilities to work in partnership with people of all ages who have various Mental Health problems. You will also play a strategic role in helping individuals to develop and fulfil their potential in all aspects of their lives, irrespective of their disabilities. Tasks typically involve:
* Using expert communication skills to engage with vulnerable people;
* Interpreting and understanding behaviour to develop individual care packages;
* Coordinating client care programme reviews with other health and social welfare professionals, and completing appropriate paperwork;
* Liaising with hospital admissions staff to plan client's care needs on admission and discharge.
* Carrying out group work with clients on issues such as problem solving, anxiety management, healthy living and aggression handling;
* Organising emergency admissions;
* Completing management plans and reports;
We offer fantastic hourly rates, Flexible shift pattern, FREE DBS, FREE uniform, FREE Mandatory Training, Weekly Pay to name only a few of the benefits.
The Next Step:
If you have all of the above and you feel you can make a real difference to someone's well being and want to earn a competitive salary with all the benefits of flexible working hours then please call Rob Muddiman on (phone number removed).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Mental health - Northallerton) .