VACANCIES AVAILABLE FOR NIGHTS
RGN / RMN / RMNH
This job description is a statement of the core duties of the RGN / RMN / RMNH, but it is not an exhaustive list. The Company may revise this job description to meet the needs of the business and reserves the right to require you to perform other duties from time to time.
The post holder will achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and the effective supervision of staff members. Nurses will take management responsibility for shifts as directed.
- Ensure that all staff members contribute to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the Care Centre and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the service users.
- Provide cover for the Deputy Manager and / or Home Manager in their absence
- Report any ill-health amongst service users and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure that service users’ care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with service users, relatives and health care professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines and company policy.
- Assess all aspects of service users’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct nursing care when required.
- Assess social and health care needs of new service users, and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other service users.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each service user within the care centre has an individualised care plan. Service user care plans to be reviewed on a six monthly basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines and company policy.
- Carry out regular checks on service users at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant staff members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the company’s procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with service users’ personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with service users.
- Ensure that all commodities used in and around the care centre are sensibly conserved by all staff members, and monitor their use.
- Participate in Staff and service user meetings as and when required.
- Establish and maintain good communication with service users, relatives, and the multi-disciplinary team. Provide administrative support when required.
Training & Development
- Supervise and instruct new and junior staff members in all aspects of their work in the care centre, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep professionally updated in all areas of clinical expertise.
- Attend mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when requested.
Health & Safety
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident or near miss incurred by a service user, colleague, self or another and complete appropriate record forms.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Maintenance person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Centre.
- Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times
- Actively market the care centre and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the care centre at all times.
- Ensure the care centre is attractively presented and odour free at all times.
- Ensure a viewing room is suitably presented and available at all times, unless the care centre is fully occupied.
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain all logbooks and records as required by the registering authority and the company directors.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Assist in the arrangements for fund raising.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- You may be required to perform other duties within your capacity, according to the needs of the business.
Why work for Roseberry?
Roseberry Care Centres is a company "where people matter", and that applies to our staff as well as to the people who use our services.
We have a national recognition agreement in place with the GMB Union and are committed to working collaboratively with our staff group to ensure that better terms and conditions of employment are developed and maintained.
We expect our staff to be enthusiastic and hard-working; in return we offer rewarding work in a friendly and supportive environment.
At Roseberry Care Centres we are looking for kind, caring and compassionate people who have a professional approach to their work. We insist our staff must be dedicated to providing the best possible care for our residents, ensuring their individual needs are met.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and we employ staff from a diverse range of backgrounds, drawn from the communities local to our care centres. Our homes really are an integral part of the community.
…What are the benefits?
We invest in a thorough training programme so staff can be sure they are doing their job to a high standard and have the opportunity to learn new skills.
A thorough programme of appraisal and supervision means our staff have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.Our internal recruitment system ensures staff have the opportunity for promotion within the Company.
We offer a specialist dementia awareness training programme which is accredited by Stirling University.
All our staff have access to a stakeholder pension scheme.
We offer an employee assistance programme that offers free and confidential advice on family, relationships, health and emotional well-being, as well as legal advice.
An employee benefits programme offers discounts and special offers on shopping.