Surgical Nurse | Surgical Wards | Gatwick Park | Horley | Full Time
Spire Gatwick Park have some exciting opportunities for SURGICAL WARD NURSES to join our experienced and dynamic team, in our newly refurbished hospital.
We are pleased to be offering a £2500 joining bonus for offers accepted before the 31st March 2021
Working with a wide variety of specialisms (including Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Urology, Bariatrics, Paediatrics and more) you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. We offer a full induction for all staff to ensure that you feel supported and set up for success in your new role. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload
Training is available to allow you to broaden your experience and career development. Part of our culture is to encourage and bring out the best in our workforce by supporting personalised development plans and learning from the current senior and very experienced team. You will be involved in many working groups within the hospital and be given full support in acquiring new specialist skills.
We are passionate about excellent patient care, we allow our staff to focus on what they do best and offer competitive salaries that reflect that.
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital is just a few miles away from Gatwick Airport. Central London and Victoria station are a 30 minute train ride away. The hospital consists of two outpatient areas and a Bupa Health Assessment centre. There are two ward areas with 29 single rooms, a two bedded emergency recovery unit with a sixteen bedded day care unit and five single rooms. There are three operating theatres - two with laminar flow.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Part of a multidisciplinary team working alongside experienced consultants committed to the care of patients.
- Demonstrating good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- This is an opportunity to work within a wide spectrum of surgical specialties such as cardiothoracic, thoracic, orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology, neurosurgery and plastics
- Part of the culture at Spire is to encourage and bring out the best in the workforce by supporting very personalised development plans and learning from the current senior and very experienced team. You will be involved in many working groups within the hospital and be given full support in acquiring new specialty skills.
Who we're looking for:
- NMC registration - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Evidence of continuous professional development, with a good understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct and revalidation.
- Good knowledge and experience in surgical nursing, with good communication skills.
- A mentorship qualification is not essential, however it desirable and will be utilised.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications