Staff Nurse | Surgical Wards | Equivalent band 5| Bushey | Full time or part time | Fully Funded Training Programs
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a close knit and friendly team working with a variety of surgical patients from general surgery to highly complex cases.
This is a permanent position but we can be flexible to consider long or short days and part time or full time hours.
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire’s leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality private hospital treatment. The hospital offers a premium service in key areas of complex healthcare including orthopaedics, neurospinal, general surgery and gynaecology. Spire Bushey Hospital forms part of a 4 site portfolio, and is supported by and works alongside Spire Bushey Diagnostic Centre, Elstree Cancer Centre and Spire Pathology Centre – based on Centennial Park in Elstree - just 5 minutes from the main hospital site.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be working across a large ward with private ensuite rooms providing post-surgical care to patients.
- Take the patient through their full hospital stay – from admittance to release
- The opportunity to grow and develop with the team and hospital
- Taking part in clinical skills training to empower you to feel confident in providing effective care for a wide variety of specialisms
- Working on a ratio of 1 nurse to 5 or 6 patients giving you the time to give complete care to your patients.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Surgical experience would be ideal, however we are open to any acute care experience.
- Open to newly qualified nurses who have completed their preceptorship
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to work rotation of days and nights
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise Tankard on 07850 509 065 or [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications