Disability Assessor – (PIP) - Nurse - Occupational Therapist - Physiotherapist Salary - £42,000 - £48,000Location: Brighton/Homebased
Are you looking for a remote role that offers full or part time hours? A role to expand your clinical knowledge and experience.
As a Homebased Disability Assessor, you’ll be conducting consultations for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and gathering supporting information from claimants and those involved in their care. Also, analysing and interpreting clinical information and medical evidence and using this material to write a concise, high-quality report is a big part of the role. The job offers full comprehensive training with progressive opportunities – as there are ways to improve.
Also, this could be another opportunity for you to step away from the challenging times such as: RGN, RMN, RNLD, OT, Physio or Paramedic
Due to being a Homebased Assessor you could potentially be one of the below assessors:Duties&Responsibilities Back Office:
Duties&Responsibilities Front Office:
- You are responsible for clinically evaluating the route in which a claimant’s PIP file is processed.
- Managing Caseloads of Application Forms.
- You will be responsible for deciding whether a claimant requires face to face consultation or home.
- You will utilise their clinical knowledge/skills massively within this role as you are responsible for liaising with GPs, Consultants and Specialist Nurses.
- Use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and produce a report on behalf of the DWP.
- You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
- Utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such as assessments focus on how a person’s health condition(s) may have an impact on a day-t-day life.
- Use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
Working Hours – Monday – Friday, Office Hours – (No Weekend’s, Nights, or Long Days) Core Benefits:
- Must be NMC / HCPC registered
- 1 year post graduate experience
- Must be IT competent – typing, MS packages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- No experience necessary as an assessor
- Full comprehensive training, provided with full salary from day one.
- 25 Days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Annual leave
- Health Screening
- Continuous Professional Development&support with revalidation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary.
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement
If this is what your interested in for the Disability Assessor position and would like to start the process with the application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Also, if needed to find out any further information or wanting to have a confidential conversation please call or email:Mikayla Powell –
- Claim Processing
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making