Up to £41184 per annum (Depending on experience)
Day Shifts, 48 hours per week ;4 Long Days
Must have previous experience of learning disability and challenging behaviour
The main purpose of this role is to assist with the general day-to-day care of residents to enable them to have fully independent lives (as much as reasonably possible), whilst ensuring the requirements of all legislative standards are complied with at all times.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* To assist principally in the continuity of nursing care of residents, including administering medication as necessary within all current guidelines.
* To assist residents who need help with feeding, dressing, undressing, bathing and using the toilet or helping those with mobility problems/other physical disabilities in the use and care of aids and equipment.
* To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents.
* To act as Named Nurse to a resident or residents and to be primarily responsible for their care.
* To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care plans and risk assessments ensuring that they are person-centred and ensuring junior members of staff follow the plans.
* To read and write reports, attend study days and to take part in staff and residents' meetings and training activities as required, and to undertake research to keep abreast of current trends and deliver evidence-based care.
* To liaise with members of multi-disciplinary team, family, and friends of residents as required and to present oneself in a professional manner at all times.
* To have knowledge of all policies and procedures, to ensure quality standards are maintained pertaining to health and safety, hygiene, NMC etc and to follow CQC Fundamental Standards and all recommendations laid down following an inspection.
* To line-manage delegated health care assistants, setting targets, coordinating and monitoring workloads and providing regular on-going support and supervision.
* To shift-lead and deliver basic level training to colleagues and junior staff.
* To support new staff in the induction process and to ensure they follow all laid down guidelines, policies and procedures.
Yellow Hat (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy