Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria
£24,000 - £33,000 / year
NHS Band 5
Registered Learning Disability Nurse
£24,907 - £33,176 pro rata (Band 5 / Band 6 up to £33, 176)
Part time, permanent 24 hours per week
Within commuting distance of: Kendal, Lancaster, Preston: South Lakes and North Lancashire
Are you a Learning Disability Nurse, Mental Health Nurse or General Nurse now looking to specialise?
If you have a passion for care and would be interested in joining a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Nurse to join an established team in the Lake District.
About the service.
The service provides education and care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Their specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means they can offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish.
The service is located near the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale on the edge of the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales and is an Independent Special School and Children’s Home with additional provisions for Adults residential care. Specialists in Education, Care and Therapy for young people and adults with autistic spectrum conditions, learning disabilities, complex behaviour associated with autism and anxiety, mental health and complex medical needs. We are pleased to also say that the service is Ofsted rated Outstanding and CQC rated Good.
About the role
The successful applicant will be responsible for achieving the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner, by providing direct nursing care to children and young people with complex and challenging needs. The role will also involve the effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs based care.
We can consider for this role either; a Learning Disabilities Nurse, Mental Health Nurse or a General Nurse background looking to now specialise.
The role is fast paced and as such is suited to those who enjoy working within a busy environment where no two days are the same.
The following criteria is essential:
* Up to date/current registration with Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC)
* Diploma or Degree in either Learning Disability, Mental Health or General Nursing
* Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, either as a nurse or in another capacity
* Experience of administration of medication and PRN medication
* Effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs based care
* Experience of providing clinical treatment and follow up if necessary
* Dealing with both internal and external professionals and parents / carers
* Good communication skills
* Compassionate with good interpersonal skills
* Intuitive and caring nature
* Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and young people
* Experience of working with children would be advantageous
* Driving license and access to a car
* Access to regular clinical supervision
* The opportunity to work within a specialist patient group
* Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
* Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
* No two days are ever the same
* Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
* “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first class mental health support services
* Employee Reward Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
* Free meals whilst on shift
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Gym membership
* Free parking
If you are interested then please apply on-line, or for more information, please contact Rebecca or Steve on (phone number removed) or apply direct for a call within 24 hours.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Etta Healthcare find rewarding careers for healthcare professionals and support organisations in building the most talented workforce to address increasing health and social care demands.
We care about everything we do and everyone we work with. In placing the right candidate, we are saving and improving lives, and this is what will drive us to be the best.
We offer a competitive referral scheme up to £1000 for successful candidates placed! *Terms apply