Our Care Home is situated within a converted period house next to the beach in the stunning coastal town of Elie, Fife. We offer Residential, Nursing, Dementia and Respite Care for up to 26 residents.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Nursing team.
You'll be part of an experienced team dedicated to ensuring the highest possible standards of person-centred care whilst positively enhancing the lives of our residents.
We offer a supportive environment to work in and assistance with revalidation and ongoing CPD training.
Day (33hrs per week) and Bank Shifts available
About the role:
* Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing, and updating care plans to meet our residents changing needs
* Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift
* Build and market the positive reputation of the business; communicate warmly and professionally with all visitors
* Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge
* Participate knowledgeably and professionally in all inspection visits from Care Inspectorate, Local Authority, and any other professional body
* Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and best practice guidelines – ensure risks are proactively managed and issues identified and reported appropriately
* Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees. E.g. timely assessment on admission, person centred care planning, on-going review, and incident reporting.
* Support and mentor others in line with the NMC Code
The skills/experience we’re looking for:
* You will be Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. If you have trained overseas and have not yet obtained registration with the NMC then we will consider sponsoring a candidate under Tier 2 and supporting them to complete the OSCE so that they can register with the NMC. Registration with the NMC must be achieved within 8 months. Before registration with the NMC, the candidate would be employed as a pre-registration nurse
* Knowledge and understanding of the Medicine code
* You will have worked in a clinical setting with experience of infection control, nutrition, moving and handling, wound care, phlebotomy and drug administration
* Able to initiate and review care plans and risk assessments
* A pro-active team player who is well organised and able to work on their own initiative