Registered Psychologist Practitioner
We urgently need a full-time, Monday to Friday, 9-5 Psychologist and are offering in the region of £47k per annum for this role.
* Must be HCPC registered.
* 5 years post qualifying experience, more if possible
* Trained and experienced in CBT and DBT or willing to be trained or already training in DBT.
* Preferably has worked with adults, having clinical experience with adults with complex health needs and personality disorders.
* Desirable to be qualified or have experience of in-patient work, proficient in psychological assessment, cognitive and psychometric.
* Experience of supervising others, students, HCA’s, assistants.
* Desirable to be trauma focussed, EMDR, CBT or willing to be trained or already in training.
* Experience of delivering individual and group therapy.
* To provide psychological advice and communications to MBT meetings.
* To be proficient in the design and delivery of relevant training.
* To be proficient in report writing.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Psychologist to join the CQC rated ‘Outstanding’ Vision MH Ltd., an independent hospital in Borehamwood that specialises in providing the highest quality of service to people with longstanding mental health problems.
As a Registered Psychologist, you will be responsible for supporting the multidisciplinary team on-site in delivering the Mentalization Based Treatment (CBT ,DBT) service to patients. Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Delivering a caring and effective, client focused service, in keeping with the aims, objectives and standards of the hospital
* Delivering sensitive and appropriate clinical care to meet individual’s needs, respecting personal dignity and beliefs
* Facilitating therapy groups for patients
The successful Psychologist will possess HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
In addition, you must possess the following key skills and experience:
* Able to demonstrate an aptitude for team working and develop a psychological understanding of patients
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong organisational and time-keeping skills
* Practical and proactive approach
* Friendly, passionate, patient and helpful
We deliver the following psycho-social interventions: Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT), CBT ,DBT, individual and group CBT and Mindfulness.
Applicants must have experience of working in a mental health hospital setting
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Eye Movement Desensitization And Reprocessing