Are you a research and development scientist looking for a new challenge in a smaller, family feel environment? Do you have an interest in research and experimentation? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently working with a specialist manufacturer who explore and experiment with genetics. This can be a complex, challenging position within a rewarding production driven environment which encourages new ideas and experimenting to improve systems and processes.
What will your day to day activities as a Research & Development Scientist include?
The role, based within 2 miles of Stourbridge, will expect you to work Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm (with a degree of flexibility). Covering the following duties and responsibilities:
* Investigating new and developing current product range.
* Project development.
* Detailing experiments and logically developing new test criteria towards producing a finished product.
* Detailing results, project status, and presenting work to weekly meetings
* Looking at capacity to scale up production and meet QMS requirements.
* Researching and inputting new ideas to product development database.
* Working to deadlines and targets
* Keeping up to date on current and development within the technical field of Molecular Biology and other areas.
* Handing over of new products to production team.
What will you need to be considered for this opportunity?
* Knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques: (PCR, RT-PCT, qPCR, LAMP, Next Generation Sequencing, Nucleic Acid Extraction methods, Assay development, Kit production)
* MSc in relevant subject – Science / biology based and techniques.
* Proven capacity to work within a commercial environment
* Proven analytical skills with Microsoft Office competent capabilities.
* Capable of presenting work internally to colleagues.
* PhD that used molecular techniques.
* Assay development experience, any commercial development experience
* Working within or familiar with ISO9001, 13845 etc.
* Good GLP
What's on offer?
* A very competitive basic salary of £28,000 - £32,000/Annum
* Permanent opportunity
* 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Pension contributions
* Potential bonus dependant on global sales and profitability
* Friendly, approachable team and management
Please press apply now to submit your application for this position. Due to high levels of response we will only be able to contact successful candidates
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Lamp (Software Bundle)