An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Research Assistant to join a growing research organisation on an initial 12 month FTC. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting neurological research programmes and managing transgenic mouse colonies. The position will include breeding and genotyping of mice, as well as involvement in some bioassays for research purposes.
Our client is at the forefront of their industry and offers an excellent environment in which to develop. There is also a very competitive remuneration package on offer and the opportunity to work in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility.
* Minimum BSc/ Msc in a relevant life science subject
* Previous experience with mouse husbandry/ breeding is essential
* Previous genotyping experience would be preferred
* Current licence to work with animals preferred but can be arranged for you
* Some industry work experience from a job or work placement would be great
* Strong communication skills
In vivo, laboratory, experimental design, murine, rat, rodent, animal technician, psychology, neuropsychology, cognitive, laboratory, R and D, research, animal technician, husbandry.
Harris Lord is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role