Residential Child Care Worker
salary: £26,584 to £27,992.75
Pebbles Care have an opportunity for a full-time Residential Child Care Worker to join our dedicated and professional team in Morecambe, Lancashire. The beautiful, modern detached house provides a warm and friendly home for three young people between the ages of 8 and 18.
Our children and young people have often experienced trauma and early years attachment difficulties. They require dedicated children’s care professionals to make a positive impact in their lives.
The Residential Child Care Worker will offer stability and safety by ensuring that the home is warm, friendly, and comfortable. You will accompany our young people to and from school or college, supporting young people with their learning and interests, as well as take part in activities, day trips and hobbies. You will work closely with internal and external teams, facilitating family contact and ensuring that daily routines and care plans are followed and updated.
The essential skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- A great deal of drive, patience and resilience,
- Accountability and responsibility,
- An understanding and nurturing nature,
- An engaging personality, allowing you to form non-judgmental relationships,
- An active and supportive listener,
- A desire to continue your personal development through training,
- A creative ability towards having fun and learning new skills,
- Highly responsible and accountable when it comes to safeguarding our children and young people,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficient IT skills and experienced in using Microsoft packages,
- A full UK driver's license.
Desirable skills, knowledge and qualifications include:
- Minimum one years' experience in residential child care or youth settings
- An SCQF Level 7 or Level 3 Diploma / relevant to Children and Young People's Residential workforce, or working towards.
- An interest in pursuing relevant Residential Child Care qualifications,
- Familiar with the Codes of Practice set out by regulatory bodies, i.e. SSSC,
- An existing PVG / DBS certificate
A little bit about Pebbles,
We have over 18 years' experience in supporting some of the most vulnerable young people across the UK. Pebbles are now leading the way in providing bespoke therapeutic care for children and young people. We are a progressive company that values its workforce by promoting employee well-being, offering pathways for progression, and awarding monthly recognition awards for success and hard work.
Our teams are based in 45 residences and 2 education facilities across Southern Scotland and Northern England. We have excellent learning and development resources and access to industry recognised qualifications, practical training and inductions, and a people support team to support you with your career.
What we can offer you,
Your starting salary is £26,584 to £27,992.75 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
You will work on a one day on, and two days off rota. Your total average hours per week are 56.4 hours and this includes your sleeps and rest breaks.
You will receive;
- 28 days holidays per annum, pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Auto-enrolment into the company pension scheme (Peoples Pension)
- Life assurance
- Cashback health care plan (Medicash)
- Opportunities to gain relevant and necessary vocational qualifications, i.e. NVQ/SVQ Level 3 / 4
- Pathways for progression to Deputy Manager or Education, Psychology and Referrals teams across the country.
- You will also receive a comprehensive induction and support in your role through regular 1:1 meetings, as well as opportunity to progress in your career.
All successful applicants will be required to carry out the appropriate level of disclosure check, the cost of which will be covered by Pebbles Care.
Minimum one years' experience in residential child care or youth settings
- Hardworking And Dedicated