JOB REFEREBCE : BH37838
Residential Home Manager
Register with the CQC and thereafter manage the running of the branch in line with CQC legal regulations, as well as company policy and procedures.
• Promote the highest standards of care and service to all clients.
• Proactively source new clients and seek to develop and grow the business.
• Develop relationships with key customers and service providers, i.e. local councils, NHS Trusts, Day Centres, Care Homes etc.
• Manage nurses and care managers and assist in their role development and career enhancement.
• Clinically assess prospective service users of the organisations services, and to provide clinical review if they become a service user.
• To work in participation with all clinicians who are involved with service users.
• To support the development of bespoke Care plans and risk assessments for each service users.
• To carry out spot checks and competencies
• To develop MAR charts
• To manage field staff supervisions
• To deal with clinical complaints
• Provide cover to service user if needed
• On call for emergency queries, evening and weekends.
• Working hours will usually be 40 hours per week, subject to achievement of goals and objectives. You will be expected to an on-call home manager and facilitate when needed.
• An experienced leader, confident in interviews and able to grow, and manage a team of carers
• At least two years' experience in the care industry in a registered home manager's role, working in a branch with a 'Good' or 'Outstanding' CQC rating
• Must have NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care and be working or willing to work towards level 5
• Must have a full driving license
• Have knowledge of managing a Nursing Home
What we offer:
• Basic salary banding of £38,000pa dependent on experience and qualifications.
• Additional performance related bonuses on top of salary dependent on business growth and development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £32,000pa
• Registered Home Manager : 2 years
• Driving License