Support Worker *£500 welcome bonus*
As well as a rewarding job, we're offering all new starters a welcome bonus of £500!
(£250 after month 1 and £250 after probation)
Job Title: Support Worker
Pay Rate: £10.49 per hour
Role Overview: -
As a Support worker at Ashdale you will work with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities to promote independence and support them to lead as fulfilling life as possible, incorporating both therapy-based activities and social based activities. These include trips to bowling, cinema, shopping, seaside trips. Also enjoying local community groups incorporating support with activities.
For Support Workers in this location, experience is not necessary as all of our staff receive training tailored to the needs of the people they support.
We offer a great range of benefits which include:-
- Paid DBS** & Holiday
- Support to progress
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Access to the Blue Light Card
- Refer a friend bonus between £250- £750 *T&C's Apply
- Flexibility. This is a shift-based role that can include working on alternate weekends but not both days, and bank holidays so flexibility is essential. We have the availability of long shifts or short shifts dependant on getting a good work life balance.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- A passion for getting the people we support out into the community and supporting them to do various activities and job roles, all the while promoting their independence
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, cinema, bowling, walks, activity centres, zoos and much more.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
COVID-19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have an in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Learning Disabilities
- Self Motivation
- Team Working