Registered Nurse | Outpatients | Salary Negotiable D.O.E. | Washington | 37.5 Hours Per Week |
The Spire Washington Hospital is recruiting for an experienced Outpatient Nurse to join our team. We would consider full or part time applicants who are able to work on a rota basis during the opening hours of the department, 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm Saturdays and 8am to 12pm on Sundays.
In this role you will find that you can quickly build your clinical knowledge by close working with fellow clinicians and some of the best regional consultants. At Spire we always continue to develop our services, so you’ll need to be able to embrace change. This change can often mean opportunities for learning and advancement, whether that is helping develop clinical protocols for a new service, specialising in a clinical area, or eventually leading a team.
Spire Washington is a 35 in-patient bedded hospital with 10 consultation and 2 treatment rooms based just off junction 63 of the A1 with great commuter links. Our Hospital offers a range of services and facilities including four operating theatres covering specialities including Orthopaedics and Gynaecology and a full Diagnostic suite.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs
- Accepting delegated responsibilities from the Out Patient Sister/Charge Nurse as required.
- You will participate through mentorship in the orientation and development of junior staff
- Actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Who we are looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Outpatient nursing experience necessary
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care with strong communication skills
- Experience of working in teams with minimum supervision
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employee’s well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact contact Maxine Cassidy on 07715055848 or email [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Patient Health Questionnaires