Search Consultancy is looking to recruit an interim Safeguarding Lead for an NHS Hospital based in Stockport.
The post-holder must have a clinical qualification (eg RN or AHP).
You will work as a senior specialist member of the safeguarding team, focused on training the wider team within the organisation.
The expectations are that you will have a significant role to play in developing the trust services. You will work on a range of safeguarding compliance audits, and with clinical colleagues across all services and specialities to ensure those vulnerable and at risk and who require protection from harm benefit from optimal care from the organisation;
Requirements for the role:
* Have worked within Safeguarding Adults;
* Hold specialist knowledge and significant expertise to ensure best practice is in place;
* Be able to provide expert advice and/or clinical information to partners such as during Police investigations;
* Be able to work with other specialist practitioners across the organisation and to make a significant contribution to the safeguarding policy;
* Provide clinical supervision to members of the safeguarding team and other colleagues; to support and supervise individual staff who may be working on complex cases or requiring specialist advice linked to adult protection;
* Ensure that robust safeguarding approaches are followed at all times, particularly when there are highly sensitive or emotive issues requiring resolution;
* Lead on adult practice review processes, and will contribute to learning events linked to specialism;
* Have a strong grasp of clinical and safeguarding risks associated with Adults and the associated legislative requirements associated with the mental health and Capacity Acts.
* Have a strong understanding of safeguarding and the need to protect vulnerable 'at risk' individuals from a wide range of harm;
* Have experience in proactively and positively working collaboratively with others.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age