Scrub Nurse – Ambulatory Care | Outpatients Department | Band 6 | Manchester | Full Time | No Nights.
Spire Manchester Hospital is expanding the scope of services we offer our patients. We have an exciting brand new role available for an experienced Scrub Nurse to join our established Outpatients Team. This role will provide exemplary planned care for patients undergoing minor operations in ambulatory theatre and treatment rooms.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering you the opportunity to work across a wide variety of specialisms. You will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and progressive environment. The Manchester team currently consists of over 500 colleagues and we are rapidly expanding as we increase the scope of services we provide across our experienced and dynamic teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with Minor Operations such as Orthopaedics, Hysteroscopy and Cosmetic procedures
- Assisting in the management and organisation of care provision in the ambulatory theatre and treatments rooms in the outpatient’s department
- Assessing patients health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others
- Link in with theatres to maintain competency base and support OPD clinical staff in developing competencies in relation to ambulatory theatre and minor operations
Who we're looking for:
- You must be NMC Registered Nurse or a HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
- You will be proactive and enthusiastic
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
- Strong communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite Gym
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Laura Irving on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications