Scrub Nurse or ODP | Theatre | Band 5 / 6 depending on experience | South Bank | Full or Part Time
Spire South Bank Hospital is looking for a highly motivated and experienced OPD or Nurse to join our high performing Theatre Team. This is your opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level.
It is important is that our Theatre staff /ODPs are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision. We are keen to promote from within the Spire network, so if you are looking for a long-term career with advancement opportunities you will find them at Spire.
Spire South Bank Hospital has been in operation for 30 years providing quality private healthcare to the local population and beyond, earning a reputation as a leader in Worcestershire. We work with some of the areas most experienced Consultant Surgeons, Anaesthetists and Physicians to deliver tailored, personalised care. We are proud of the positive patient feedback we receive and are currently undertaking refurbishment of our in-patient bedrooms following significant recent investment.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful Scrub Practitioner will prepare the operating theatre room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum. You will run a theatre list without supervision and supervise / mentor junior staff (subject to experience). You will have the opportunity to develop your skills as the unit performs various surgical procedures.
- Assessing patients health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload
- You will be responsible for patient care, setting up for cases and assisting in the day to day running of theatres
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others
Who we're looking for:
- You must be NMC Registered Nurse or a HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
- You will be proactive and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are key to continue our high standards of patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite Gym
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Laura Irving on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Coaching And Mentoring
Registered Nurse Certified