Senior Analytical Development Scientist - International Organisation - Agrochemical / Pharmaceutical Sector - Dublin, Ireland - € Salary commensurate with experience
We have a fabulous opportunity for a Senior Analytical Development Scientist, with a recognised 3rd level scientific qualification, excellent knowledge of chromatographic analysis and proven technical laboratory abilities, to join a fast-growing, international company based in Dublin.
Our client is expanding their R&D pipeline to support their global growth; as part of their ongoing expansion they are looking for a Senior Analytical Development Scientist to join their Reverse Engineering team.
Opportunity: This is an ideal opportunity for an analytical scientist who is motivated by solving challenging analytical problems. This is a fast-paced and busy role for someone looking for the perfect opportunity to utilise their academics and experience in a growing, cutting-edge environment.
Key responsibilities as the Senior Analytical Development Scientist will include:
* Project lead of assigned reverse engineering projects
* Development of LC and GC analytical methods for identification and quantitation of co-formulants in complex matrices using an array of techniques and detectors
* Interpretation of LC/MS and GC/MS data to identify ingredients in multi-component formulations
* Performing quantitative analyses of co-formulants in multi-component formulations
* Evaluating laboratory data and preparing reports, providing recommendations or conclusions
* Reverse engineering representative on cross-functional teams
* Working as part of a wider R&D team to solve technical challenges as they arise
What we’re looking for:
* Recognised 3rd level scientific qualification, ideally 2:1; relevant advanced degree (MSc or PhD) is advantageous
* 3+ years relevant experience in a similar role
* Excellent scientific aptitude
* Excellent knowledge of chromatographic analysis
* Proven technical ability in the laboratory
* Experience working with Empower and/or Mass Hunter software is advantageous
* Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent data analysis skills
* Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
* IT literate with proficiency in MS Office
* Proactive and flexible team player
You, in a nutshell: Suitable candidates will need to have an excellent academic record in a relevant scientific subject - a degree is essential with a Masters or PhD being a distinct advantage and you will have 3+ years experience in a similar role.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package including 24 days annual leave, discretionary bonus scheme, private healthcare, pension scheme and more.
If this role is of interest to you, please ensure your CV showcases you in full and submit it ASAP, quoting ‘LO-Senior Analytical Development Scientist