Senior Analytical Innovation Scientist
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Full-time, permanent (40hrs per week)
As a Senior Analytical Innovation Scientist, you will provide scientific expertise to our client’s Technical team covering both current and new R&D projects, working within the flavour, fragrance and consumer goods market. Collaborating with the Technical leadership Team, you will play a pivotal role in introducing the best industry methods and seek innovative approaches to improve analytical capabilities of the Validation Department.
* Actively investigate and where appropriate implement technologies that are new to the company with a view to developing new, innovative processes
* Actively seek creative approaches to improve the performance of the analytical in accordance with regulations and new site requirements.
* Review new Analytical instrumentation with a view to improved efficiency and automation
* Study the chemistry of contaminants and metabolites seen within essential oils and flavour or fragrance materials
* Determine the key authenticity marker compounds for the analysis of essential oils and natural flavour molecules
* Develop a method of analyses for these key marker compounds together with appropriate acceptable ranges
* Support all Analytical method development as required to support the business need
* Propose and develop new methodologies required to support New Product Development
* Deliver technical training on new analytical technologies as required
* Specify validation protocols and validate all new and existing analytical methods
* Review the Bipea Proficiency testing programme and associated reports with the aim of promoting and supporting continuous improvement
* Statistical data evaluation of new and existing analytical methods
* Attend international scientific events and produce technology watch sheets for interesting technological advancements
* Write Quality Policies, Procedures and Operating Instructions.
* Undergo training in areas specific to business as required.
* Ensure that the working area in the laboratory is maintained in a clean and orderly condition and that any hazard or potential hazard is reported to the Line Manager or H&S Officer
* Full UK driving license and valid Passport
* Degree in a science related discipline
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a method development chemist
* Significant experience in working with GC-FID, HPLC, GC/MS, GC/MSMS and LC/MSMS
* Experience with SPME, headspace, olfactometry and spectroscopy is desirable.
* Strong knowledge of analytical disciplines, methods, developments and troubleshooting.
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, manage changing priorities and work independently
* Significant experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
* Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise language both verbally and in writing
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to influence teams and colleagues
* Commercial mindset
**Competitive salary and benefits package on offer