Senior Biomedical Scientist | Blood transfusion and Haematology| Band 6 equivalent| Brentwood | Training and CPD opportunities
Spire Hartswood Hospital has an exciting full-time permanent opportunity for a Senior Biomedical Scientist to join our friendly close-knit team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge in Haematology and Blood Transfusions and hold current registration with the HCPC.
Shift patterns will be between 8.30am and 5.30pm 5 days per week, you will also be part of our On-Call rota for 1 in 4 weekends and 1 weeknight per week.
Spire Hartswood Hospital is a 49 bed hospital with 4 theatres and offers a comprehensive range of services and facilities. Our vision is to be recognised as a world-class healthcare business bringing together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will be part of an experienced and supportive pathology team working within a state of the art lab
- Be able to plan, analyse, assess and report pathology investigations
- Analyse, interpret and report information and knowledge related to ideas and concepts
- Develop and evaluate the movement of laboratory specimens, blood and tissues
- Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measuring and monitoring pathology investigations
Who we're looking for:
- Must hold a degree/specialist portfolio in Biomedical Sciences and have significant experience within haematology, blood transfusions and bio-chemistry
- Have current HCPC registration
- Minimum of 4-5 years post qualifying experience
- Experience in quality and point of care is desired
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly Dack on 07850725333 or email [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications