Senior Care Assistant - up to £11 per hour
Sidcup, Greater London, England
£ 10 - 11 Per hour
8 Oct 2019
5 Nov 2019
About the role
As Senior Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. As Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
You'll also have the opportunity to work across both Assisted Living and Reminiscence.
Our strength lies in the quality of our care and in turn the people we employ to deliver that care.
Key things about you;
* NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
* One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
* Ability to handle multiple priorities
* Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
* Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
* Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
* Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You'll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
* 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
* Competitive pay enhancements
* Company sick pay
* Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Green travel plan
* Refer a friend incentive
* Employee Assistance programme
* Good Samaritan Fund
* Heart & Soul company recognition programme
* 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
* Wellbeing programmes
* Long service awards
* Recognition programmes
* Study support
* Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company's mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: "to champion quality of life for all seniors".
Sunrise Senior Living - 18 jobs [Click here to apply] [Click here to apply]
Sunrise Senior Living - 18 Jobs
This job was posted to Care assistant in Sidcup, Greater London, England