Senior Care Assistant – Oxford - £10.71 - £16.05 per hour
We have been instructed on a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Carer to join the team at this independent residential home in Oxford. This is a full time vacancy to cover days and weekends (with alternate weekends off).
The role is to work under the general direction of the Head of Home and Team Leader, to help to provide appropriate and effective care to all residents, whilst promoting and maintaining high standards, enabling each resident to maintain independence, retain choice, preserve dignity and attain fulfilment.
The main duties of the role include:-
• To assess the changing needs of residents, to develop and produce care plans, setting goals and objectives with them enabling each to retain and maintain maximum independence.
• To manage the care staff and supervise their work.
• To cultivate an understanding and awareness of the emotions, intellectual, spiritual and social needs of the residents so that a positive involvement of their care and support can be made.
• To maintain up-to-date records to include admission, assessment and review of residents.
• To be familiar with and adhere to the current drugs policy within the Home and administer drugs accordingly.
• To maintain and update knowledge of prescribed medications, their purpose and side effects.
• To work closely with the District Nurses and GP's in carrying out appropriate treatments.
• To maintain and clean all aids and equipment including commodes according to the Homes Infection Control policies and procedures.
• To adhere to and promote the Homes policies and procedures with regard to Infection Control.
• To deputise with the other Senior Carers in the Managers absence.
• To report and record accidents of residents, staff and visitors.
• To ensure continuity of care with effective written and verbal reports.
• To assist with regular external and internal audits of documentation.
• To attend staff meetings.
• To obtain adequate supplies of drugs and dressings as prescribed.
• To maintain fire precautions and prevention procedures and to be concerned for all aspects of Health and Safety.
• To liaise with colleagues in the community to ensure that short stay/respite clients receive appropriate support during residence and in planning for discharge.
• To be prepared to deputise for absent staff in all care areas and to undertake reasonable additional duties as required to ensure continuity of care.
Training and Education
• To be prepared to undertake training as required to maintain and update care skills.
• To participate in the induction, training and supervision of all care staff within the team.
• To have achieved or be working towards the Level 3 Health and Social Care Diploma.
For more details or to discuss further, please contact Julia on 01869 242165.