Search Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Senior Care Assistants for permanent, full time roles with an Edinburgh based client.
The role will include working within 2 of the company's care homes - one located in Stockbridge and the other in Craighall. The shifts are 12 hours (you will be paid for 11 hours for each shift) and the contracts available are for either 33 or 44 hours per week.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
- Have previous experience as a Senior Care Assistant
- Be confident delegating tasks to care staff
- Be kind and caring with an aptitude for supporting vulnerable residents
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and a clear understanding of the ageing process
- Be able to communicate clearly and efficiently with staff, residents and relatives
- Be able to use your own initiative and know when to escalate issues to nurses or the home manager
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- To provide care to individuals within the home according to their care plans
- To continually monitor and evaluate residents health and wellbeing
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships between staff, relatives and residents
- Administering drugs and medications
- Allocating duties to care staff
- Assisting with training of other staff members
- To carry out all duties safely in accordance with Health and Safety regulations
- Actively participate in resident's activity plans
- Promote confidentiality, independence, choice and residents choices at all times
- Undertake direct care when needed
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for an exciting opportunity with an exceptional company then please apply today or call [Click here to apply] for more information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.