Applications close in 2 days
Job Title: SeniorCare Assistant (Days and Nights)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working day or night shifts on a rota basis, to include some weekends
Hourly rate: £10 per hour
Location: South Lodge, Leicester, Leicestershire
Avery Healthcare operates a network of over 50 award-winning residential, dementia and nursing care homes throughout the UK, with a focus on the highest possible standards of living for our residents. This can only be achieved with the support of our compassionate and hard-working team of healthcare professionals, and together we ensure that all of our residents receive the treatment they deserve.
South Lodge, our 99-bed Premium Care Home located in Leicester, are now recruiting for enthusiastic and dedicated team players to join us as Senior Care Assistants. Senior Care Assistants promote and deliver high standards of care while supporting and instructing our less-experienced staff in their day-to-day duties.
Please note: our Senior Care Assistant's must possess a Health and Social Care Level 3 qualification and an Administration of Medication qualification.
The key responsibilities of our Senior Care Assistant role include:
* Providing person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living.
* Responsibility for the ordering, administration and auditing of prescribed medication to residents.
* Maintaining a high standard of tidiness and comfort in all areas of the Home
* Contributing fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
* Providing support to colleagues, through leadership by example, mentoring and coaching, acting as a positive role model, enabling the care team to deliver high standards.
* Actively participating in the person-centred care planning process, by implementing, continuously developing, evaluating and reviewing plans through routine assessment or the changing needs of individual residents. Communication of changes to the wider team and management.
* Contributing fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and acting upon all reasonable work instructions promptly. Communicating effectively to the wider team, including multi-disciplinary teams, handovers, team meetings, actively contributing to ensure the well-being of all residents.
* Taking reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
* Practising safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
* Developing positive professional relationships with residents, visitors and colleagues.
* Adhering to all company and local policies/procedures.
* Developing and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
* Highly competitive rates of pay
* Continuous training and development opportunities
* Fantastic staff benefits, including exclusive retail and leisure discounts
* Instant access to your wages (no need to wait until payday!)
* The opportunity to work alongside industry-leading professionals
* Free uniforms
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Senior Care Assistants - Days or Nights