Based at the Edinburgh BioQuarter, RoslinCT is a leading Contract Manufacturing and Development organisation within the cellular therapies/ATMPs field, performing cutting edge investigational medicinal product manufacture for clinical trials across Europe and the US.
The Company is now embarking on an exciting period of planned growth, and we are recruiting for some key operational roles to help support and lead that growth into the future, including this one.
We are searching for a Senior Cell Therapy Development Scientist to join our expanding team and hold responsibility for the delivery of GMP translation and process development activities within the company.
Candidates for this role must also be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to our Core Values, and so should be:
* Passionate about Customer Satisfaction
* Able to support a ‘one team’ approach
* A great communicator
* Committed to personal growth and development
* Accountable for their work
This role of Senior Cell Therapy Development Scientist will report directly to the Cell Therapy Development Management and will ensure that project milestones are met and deliver scientific and GMP translational excellence. The role will involve working closely with our GMP contract manufacturing department to ensure the seamless transfer of processes between departments.
As the Senior CTD Scientist your responsibilities will vary but will include;
* Performing the GMP translation and process development of academic protocols and the development of assays for the delivery of new cell therapies.
* Performing the process validation and technology transfer of GMP translated projects to the GMP manufacturing facility. Provision of support for the GMP team with the introduction of new client manufacturing processes. Performing scale up and process development of in house and client manufacturing processes.
* Identification, evaluation and introduction of new technologies to the department. Leading the technology transfer of protocols and procedures in collaboration with partners and clients both into the development laboratories and the GMP facility.
* Preparation and co-ordination of qualification/validation of protocols for the differentiation of pluripotent stem cells into a variety of cell types to be manufactured as cellular therapies. Providing support with qualification/validation of protocols for QC assay strategies (largely molecular/cell characterisation/flow cytometry).
* Day to day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories to ensure a high standard of organisation at all times with shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance.
* Creation and management of RoslinCT aseptic cell culture training program. Supervision of junior CTD staff to ensure personnel adhere to laboratory cleaning/housekeeping and equipment maintenance/servicing regimes and to ensure the laboratory is working in line with current H&S regulations.
* Support the continued quality improvement of current CTD SOPs.
* Deputise for the CTD Manager as required.
The post holder will have a minimum of a degree (or equivalent qualification), and preferably a PhD, in the life sciences field.
The candidate will also have:
* Experience in the culture and differentiation of stem cells, ideally human embryonic stem cells.
* Ability to plan and execute experimental plans with strong data recording and report writing skills. Should also be computer literate with specific skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* A working knowledge of GMP would be desirable.
Behavioural Attributes Required:
* Exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to plan ahead whilst delivering to deadline.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record in maintaining effective relationships and working with a wide range of people.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to explain technical or complex concepts in a clear format. Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills. Excellent administration and record keeping skills.
* Ability to learn and share knowledge with the management team and the wider team where appropriate. Excellent attention to detail.
* A determination to succeed, with a ‘can do attitude’ and adetermination to continually develop and improve standards.
* Creates a positive environment through self-awareness and social skills. Takes responsibility for setting high standards and looks at the bigger picture to recognise the impact of actions. Emotional resilience and an ability to work under pressure with good humour.
* Group Personal Pension Plan: 3% Employee contribution with an Employer contribution of initially 5% for the first year of joining the scheme then a 1% increase per year until a maximum of 8% is reached.
* Group Life Cover, 3X Salary
* Health4All Cash Plan where you are able to claim cash back towards dental check-ups and treatment, new glasses, contact lenses and therapy treatments such as physiotherapy and chiropody and more. Additionally, access to Employee Assistance Programme
* 31 days annual leave with an extra day from 3 years’ service and a further day from 5 years’ service. Plus 4 public holidays
Location: Edinburgh BioQuarter. Please ensure you can realistically commute to our site
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Therapy - Edinburgh) .